Friday, 15 August 2014

Animals of the Alphabet A to D

Back in May, I joined an Animals of the Alphabet swap project on www.atcsforall.com . So far, we are up to G, and I've been enjoying some pretty exciting returns from around the world, including cards from England, New Zealand, and United States! For each swap, I draw four animals that start with the assigned letter, and receive three in return from different artists (the fourth card is a gift for the host).

Here are a few of the animals that I have drawn for A to D.

A is for Andean Short Faced Bear by smallgirl
Watercolour pencils on bamboo paper
The Andean Short Faced Bear, also known as the Spectacled Bear, is a small bear that lives in South America

B is for Black Bear by smallgirl
Watercolour pencils on bamboo paper
The black bear is a familiar sight here on the West Coast, but can be found throughout much of North America.

C is for Cuban tody by smallgirl
Watercolour pencils on textured paper
The Cuban tody is a small insect eating bird that lives in Cuba.
 
D is for Dall's porpoise by smallgirl
Watercolour pencils on textured paper
The Dall's porpoise is another familar West Coast creature that frequents our waters. Appallingly, this intelligent dolphin relative is slaughtered for food in Japan.

I will continue to post about this project, as well as some of my returns. In the meantime, if you like animals, check out my youngest cousin's new blog, CRAZY AMAZING ANIMALS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Although I may not always respond, I really appreciate your feddback and comments on my blog. Thank you for commenting :)