Sunday, 30 September 2012

DIY Craft- Recycled Forest Friends!


Egg carton forest friends photographed by smallgirl
I love creating things from salvaged and recycled materials. This fun project is a great alternative to the plastic toys kids get bored with so quickly these days. I made this project with my young cousins last month and with a group of kindergarten students last summer, so it is definitely kid-friendly (and fun for silly adults like me).

What you need:
Scissors
Markers and pencils
A paper egg carton
Fabric scraps
Wiggly eyes
Glue

What to do:
1. Cut the egg carton into individul egg holders. Each egg holder will become a creature.
2. Draw the animal's body shape onto the egg holder and cut it out
3. Glue wiggly eyes, fabric, and draw on the animal to give it its own personality
4. If you want to make it into a hanging ornament, simply poke a hole in the top with a sewing needle and thread some string through.

Voila! You have a new friend for your own forest!

Have a recycled-fun day!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm really getting a kick out of what you're doing on this blog, so I'm your newest follower! I love plush critters, vintage children's books, and what you've made from egg cartons--very fun! I look forward to seeing more! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thanks so much Jennifer, hope to see you around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are wonderful, what a creative idea!!! I love the variety on your blog!!
    hugs ♥ Vicky ♥

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Although I may not always respond, I really appreciate your feddback and comments on my blog. Thank you for commenting :)